Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cake with Kate

During the craziness of Thanksgiving week, I had an opportunity to help Kate Sullivan from Lovin Sullivan Cakes on an extraordinary Bar Mitvah cake.  The cake was themed after AND delivered to the new Yankee Stadium.  Kate is a seasoned cake competitor (Food Network cake challenges, TLC cake off...) and this awesome cake might as well have been one of them!


Kate stacking the bottom tiers.
 
Here's me painting the Yankee's hat for the top
 

Kate was the first designer that I interned for when I moved to New York and since then, she has been a cake mentor to me.  Not to mention, she and her family are absolutely the sweetest people in the city!  Her cakes are stylized, elegant, modern, and colorful.  Appropriately named a Modern Bride Trendsetter in 2008, her work never ceases to amaze me.

About a year ago,  I was also able to help her with the seasonal collection of cakes from the Real Simple Weddings magazine that's currently still on stands!


Check out her website not only to see her cakes, but also her blog, videos, and cake challenge photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...